Capture Moments at their Most Fleeting with Osmo Pocket
Life moves pretty fast. If you aren’t ready to
capture moments as they happen, you could lose them forever.
That means being able to whip out a camera and shoot single-handedly without a second thought as to the quality of your shots—and then, being able to savour those precious moments in high definition over and over again.
DJI’s Osmo Pocket makes all of that possible.
Sure, you could just shoot “tap-and-snap” style with your mobile. But a smartphone’s two-handed, not-as-fast way to play’s got nothing on the Osmo Pocket’s compact convenience, intelligent functionality and quality stills and MOV/MP4 video. Let’s take a look at why.
not called Osmo ‘Pocket’ for nothing.
At just a little under 122mm long, 29mm wide and 37mm deep, the Osmo Pocket’s no bigger than a stick of gum or a stapler. This makes it easy to stick into not just your pants or shirt pocket, but your purse, your bum bag or even your boots. And since it weighs just 116 g, you’re likely to forget you even have it on you.
With its non-slip, sweat-proof sandstone handle, the Osmo Pocket fits snugly into your shooting hand. As small as it is, though, Osmo Pocket packs such serious tech and hardware, you’ll wonder how it all fits.
It’s got a triple-axis mechanical gimbal camera measuring smaller than 39 x 29 by 27mm and a crisp, 25-mm touchscreen screen to match. It’s even got enough room for a two-button interface which makes single-handed shooting as simple as it looks. A tap or two and a swipe here and there are all it takes to tweak your settings and switch between shooting modes.
The Osmo Pocket also has two built-in microphones which use a noise-reduction algorithm to boost audio recording quality.
say ‘cinematic’, we mean it.
Osmo Pocket’s tiny gimbal camera comes with a new algorithm that gives you control accuracy of ±0.005° and a control speed of up to 120° per second. That means the camera adjusts to your movements, allowing you to shoot clearer, steadier stills and video than you would be able to on a smartphone or the average digital camera.
When it comes to image and video quality, Osmo Pocket’s specs speak for themselves:
- 1/2.3” sensor
- 80° FOV
- f/2.0 aperture
- 4K/60fps video at 100 Mbps
- 12-MP photos with 1.55µm-sized pixels
Osmo Pocket’s Superfine video feature’s higher bit-stream also contributes to the smoother and clearer quality of your videos.
and add effects that make it look like you used a much bigger camera.
Now let’s check out Osmo Pocket’s smart functions that turn you into an overnight cinematographer:
- First Person View (FPV) mode syncs with the gimbal to allow you to shoot smoothly while in motion.
- Active Track makes sure the camera stays on whatever you’re shooting—including you—making it perfect for vlogging.
- 3x3 and 180° Panorama modes lets you take stunning, high-definition landscape shots.
- Timelapse and Motionlapse create awesome visual effects that transitions smoothly from one second to the next.
- Nightshot allows Osmo Pocket to detect and automatically brighten low-light shooting conditions, which means you can shoot without worries no matter the time of day. Switch over to Pro mode and you’ll be able to take freehand 2 to 3-second exposure shots, even without a tripod.
First Person View (FPV)
Great on its own, Osmo Pocket gets even better with DJI Mimo.
Using the Osmo Pocket together with the DJI Mimo app opens up a whole new world of creative storytelling possibilities. The app also gives you even more editing tools for sprucing up your video such as the pre-set shooting patterns and camera motions you’ll find in Story mode. Mimo’s exclusive filters and soundtracks put the perfect finishing touches to your video.
In Pro mode, you’ll be able to adjust the settings and exposure of Osmo Pocket’s camera. You’ll also be able to shoot RAW format photos and D-Cinelike videos that keep their high quality detail as well as make it easier to edit and post-process later on. You’ll find easy-to-use post-processing goodies in My Story such as templates and watermarks.
With DJI Mimo, you’ll also be able to
- Calibrate the gimbal
- Adjust the gimbal settings
- Switch between gimbal operation modes
- Control the tilt and pan axes
- Set the video resolution
- Switch between Re-center and Selfie modes
- Use the Active Track and Face Track features
- Watch videos and view photos you’ve taken
- Share videos on your social media
- Update Osmo Pocket’s firmware
Mimo also lets you set up to four points for Motionlapse videos, where you can only set two with the Osmo Pocket alone. You can use Mimo on an neiPhone with iOS 10.0 or later, or an Android phone with Android version 5.0 or later.
and optimise your Osmo Pocket’s performance.
Osmo Pocket also has its own range of accessories that offer more shooting flexibility, protection and portability:
- 3.5mm Adapter lets you use a dedicated external microphone to improve audio quality
- Accessory Mount lets you use your Osmo Pocket together with other sports camera accessories
- Charging Case with space for two microSD cards, four ND filters and two smartphone connectors
- Controller Wheel gives you more pan, tilt and composition control
- Cover keeps your Osmo Pocket handy and protected
- Extension Rod with adjustable length, gimbal controls, a .25” tripod mount, and control buttons on the handle
- ND Filters let you adjust lighting to give you more camera control
- Quick-release Base secures your Accessory Mount to your helmet, board and other shooting surfaces
- Waterproof Case that lets you use your Osmo Pocket up to 60m underwater
- Wireless Module that connects your Osmo Pocket and your mobile via WiFi and Bluetooth
Don’t wait to capture your next unforgettable moment.
With its compact size, quality shooting tech and accessories combined, the Osmo Pocket is ready to capture every detail of your experience just about anywhere. Its battery life of up to 140 minutes allows you to shoot 1080p 30 fps video non-stop for well over two hours. Just shoot and share by saving on your mobile or using DJI Mimo.
While Osmo Pocket does have a few little hitches such as slow autofocus and its lack of live-streaming capabilities, its potential as an indispensable vlogging companion and a truly compact, high-quality one-handed camera is as big as it is small.
If you’re into making videos for YouTube or social media, or even shooting videos to help promote your business, and would like to make more professional-looking videos beyond your smartphone’s capabilities, the Osmo Pocket is definitely for you.
Get a cover, lightning and USB-C smartphone adapters and power cable together with your Osmo Pocket, and enjoy up to three months, interest-free when you buy at it a D1 Store in Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland, Perth or Brunswick, today.